Greetings DMI. Monday, Oct. 23 we’re going to have our first guest speaker in class.
Sarah Koniniec graduated from Chico State in 2012 and has spent the past five years working with tech entrepreneurs, startups and venture capitalists in the San Francisco Bay Area. Currently, she’s a senior account executive at Highwire in San Francisco.
Sarah is going to share:
- Her career path.
- What it’s like working for startups vs. traditional companies.
- Examples of PR to promote or launch new products and companies.
- Key considerations to keep in mind in PR, marketing and digital contexts for promotion.
Her presentation directly links to the content you’ll be required to produce in the Make $ Plan, specifically the PR and marketing section.
Your homework in preparation for this visit:
- Review the Make $ Plan assignment to understand the requirements for the PR and marketing section.
- Check out her LinkedIn profile.
- Bring a list of questions you might toss her way.
Happy Friday, DMIers. We’ve made it through week 9, which means we’ve only got 4 weeks until the drafts of your Make $ Plan and product mockups are due.
Next week we’ll be focusing on Section 7 of the Make $ Plan, which is all about how to market your product.
GUEST SPEAKERS MONDAY
We have two J&PR alumni visiting class Monday from InkHouse PR in San Francisco. Julianna Young and Kayla Wilkinson will be sharing what it’s like to handle PR for startups and venture capitalists. This is a great opportunity for you to throw questions their way that can help you be successful with Section 7 of your Make $ Plan.
Here are a few items from Start Co that might help with your tasks:
- Entrepreneur’s Guide to PR and Marketing by Start Co.: prmedia