Guest Speaker Coming Monday
Greetings DMI. Monday, Oct. 23 we’re going to have our first guest speaker in class.
Sarah Koniniec graduated from Chico State in 2012 and has spent the past five years working with tech entrepreneurs, startups and venture capitalists in the San Francisco Bay Area. Currently, she’s a senior account executive at Highwire in San Francisco.
Sarah is going to share:
- Her career path.
- What it’s like working for startups vs. traditional companies.
- Examples of PR to promote or launch new products and companies.
- Key considerations to keep in mind in PR, marketing and digital contexts for promotion.
Her presentation directly links to the content you’ll be required to produce in the Make $ Plan, specifically the PR and marketing section.
Your homework in preparation for this visit:
- Review the Make $ Plan assignment to understand the requirements for the PR and marketing section.
- Check out her LinkedIn profile.
- Bring a list of questions you might toss her way.