Life as a Content Producer
Greetings DMIers. Happy Monday and welcome to week 5 of the semester. We’re having our first guest speaker this week.
Amanda Hasaka will be joining us via Skype from Los Angeles on Wednesday. She is a content producer with Time Inc. and a former digital producer with Disney ABC Television Group. Amanda has been working in the entertainment industry for more than five years.
Amanda is going to talk about Time’s INSTANT video platform, a mobile-first site she helped to launch earlier this year. I think you’ll find that Amanda is a great example of an intrapreneur. In LinkedIn chats she mentioned that her job is in a space that’s constantly changing and the platform she’s working with now didn’t necessarily exist a few years ago.
In addition to INSTANT, she’ll talk about:
- Her career path: how did she move from Chico State’s J&PR program to her current position with Time
- What her job as a content producer involves
- How she measures the effectiveness of her product
Check out some of the news coverage about the product:
- A Celebrity Z-List? Yes, It Exists, The New York Times
- “How Time Inc.’s New Video-Only Platform Hopes to Unearth the Next Big Digital Star,” Ad Week
Do your research and bring lots of questions.