How to Conduct Research with Your Market
Happy Sunday DMIers: This week we’re continuing our focus on primary research. Your draft research plan is due Thursday and should include:
- A description of your product concept
- Clear identification of your market
- Your introduction: how will you explain what you’re doing to the people you need to interact with?
- The exact research methods you wish to use, and the exact questions you’ll use via those methods.
- And, you’ll need to have some type of visual mockup of your product concept
In addition to the resources highlighted last week, you might find these two articles helpful:
Tools To Help Create Mockups
You can use paper drawings of your product concept for our first round of market research, but you might get inspired to dive in further with some of the cool tools you’ll find in the articles below. And, you might find some new app startups to experiment with – there’s fashion, time management, social media and email tools highlighted among many others. Both are found on Medium (an amazing news startup you should explore if you don’t already use it):
We’ll use some of our time in class Tuesday to work on the product mockups.