How do you consume the news?
Greetings DMSers. One of our discussion topics for Wednesday’s class is to examine how we consume news. From this discussion we can see where we as a group fit into some of the latest research findings from the Pew Research Center and how we’re impacting the financial bottom line of news organizations.
I’d like you to spend some time before class pondering these types of questions:
- In your average day, when do you check the news?
- How do you access the news – via TV, radio, tablet device, in print for magazines or newspapers?
- Do you pay for any news subscriptions? If yes, which ones and why are those outlets worth your money?
- What are your preferred news sources and why?
- Do you find yourself going to different sources for different types of news?
By examining how consumers access and digest news, we can begin to understand both the challenges and opportunities for entrepreneurs in the digital journalism space.