Give Me The Green Stuff
Monday’s class will focus on financial issues — how can you make money with your journalistic skills and how does this financial ability link to your business plan.
Prior to Monday’s class be sure to:
- Check out Briggs Chapter 3: Make Your Money Plan
- Read Paul Graham’s Ramen Profitable post
- Review The Business Plan assignment
We’ll have a hands-on activity to help you get started with the financial decision-making process for your startup.
Deadline Changes & Homework Notes
From our last class session:
- Homework 3: is not due until Monday, Sept. 30. Today, you should be close to finalizing your research plan and your product sketch, while starting to reach out to your potential market.
- Homework 4: all you need to have ready for Monday is an idea regarding who you would like to target for this task. Just basics — why this person, how does she/he connect to your interests in startups or being an entrepreneur. Don’t worry about the rest of the tasks listed in the assignment.
- Tomorrow’s Blog: is about product naming. Bring to class ideas for your product’s name and we’ll do a short critique.
I will be around tomorrow if you need assistance or access to the Mac Lab. Otherwise, have a fabulous weekend and best of luck with your market research.